Friday 16 April 2010

Olivetree.com

My brother showed me a fantastic application for his phone last week and added it to mine for me. It is the entire ESV and KJ Versions of the bible... on your phone. It is easy to navigate and a fantastic way of keeping a copy (or 2) of the Word on you at all times. I have had to recharge my battery several times through regular use.

Have a look to see if your mobile is compatible here.

There are many other books to download also. Some are free others need to be paid for. Thus far I have loaded onto my phone the following (free) books:

  • All of Grace - CH Spurgeon

  • Come Ye Children - CH Spurgeon

  • Daily Light (KJV)* - which allows you to refer to the verses in the KJV with one touch.

  • ESV*

  • KJV*

  • Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners - John Bunyan

  • Power through Prayer - EM Bounds

  • Purpose in Prayer - EM Bounds

  • Spurgeon's Sermons Vol 1: 1855 - CH Spurgeon

  • The Essentials of prayer - EM Bounds

  • The Institutes of the Christian Religion - John Calvin

  • The Necessity of Prayer - EM Bounds

  • The Pilgrim's Progress - John Bunyan*

  • The Reality of Prayer - EM Bounds

  • The Veil Rent - Horatius Bonar

  • The Weapon of Prayer - EM Bounds

  • Till He Come - CH Spurgeon

  • Bible maps - Then and Now
* Are the ones currently in use.

I'm aware that may seem like a an OTT bookshelf to have at one time, but I've already found that having these in my pocket allows me to fill those spare minutes with something worthy. The Daily Light in particular is a wonderful help. Certainly when I start back to work next week it'll be an encouragement. Any spare 5 minutes or longer I have can now be used in reading a short tract or verse. 

I'd highly recommend using this service if your phone is compatible. If it isn't go and buy one that is!!! I have a Nokia 5800 and it is ideal for use with this application, see one here.

It has a 6 gig memory card as it is intended to double up as an mp3 player. Consequently you can store lots of pictures, video, books and sermons.


No comments:

Post a Comment